Re: the reopening of Morarend Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
We hope this letter finds you happy and healthy as we are excited to announce the reopening of Morarend Periodontics and Implant Dentistry on Monday, May 18! We have reopened with caution and after much hard work and preparation to keep you safe. We are confident that our increased protocols go above and beyond the recommendations.
We’re reopening with caution and after much hard work and preparation to keep you safe.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by:
- the American Dental Association (ADA),
- the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and
- the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will ask you to fill out an online COVID-19 screening prior to your appointment. The forms will be sent to you electronically so that no signing will need to be completed in the office. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- If you would like to complete the COVID-19 screening form now, please click the button below:
- At the time of your appointment, we ask that upon your arrival at our office, you call us from your car to let us know you are here. We will then call or text you when we are ready for you to enter the clinic. Please wear a mask before entering the office.
- Extra companions will no longer be allowed in the waiting room. We ask that guardians/drivers remain in their cars. Although this may seem strange, we are only asking this out of an abundance of concern for your health and the health of our staff.
- We will have hand sanitizer available that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Since some items are difficult to clean and disinfect, you may see that our waiting room will no longer offer: magazines, coffee, etc.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. [That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.]
- All staff members, including front desk personnel, will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, gowns, etc.
- We have placed a plexiglass barrier screen at the front desk to limit exposure to our non-clinical staff.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 563.239.1997. If you had an appointment scheduled during our closure, we are working to reschedule you and will be in touch.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our care.
The team at Morarend Periodontics